Listen to the bells of St George's Chapel

 

The Curfew Tower, situated to the west of the Chapel and the Horseshoe Cloister, was originally built as part of the castle defenses by Henry III in 1227.

In 1477, Edward IV made the tower available to the Canons to serve as a bell tower.

A substantial oak structure was constructed within the tower to house the bells and withstand the immense pressures generated by the swing of the bells.

The Queen's Free Chapel. The Chapel of the Most Honourable and Noble Order of the Garter. The Chapel of the College of St George.