In the present reign, most members of the Royal Family have had their funerals in St George’s Chapel, and then been removed to the Private Burial Ground at Frogmore, either immediately following the service or soon afterwards.
• Princess Marie Louise 1956
• The Earl of Athlone 1957
• Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent 1968
• The Duke of Windsor 1972
• Prince William of Gloucester 1972
• Admiral Hon Sir Alexander Ramsay 1972
• Lady Patricia Ramsay 1974
• The Duke of Gloucester 1974
• Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone 1981
• The Marquess of Cambridge 1981
• The Duchess of Windsor 1986
• The Marchioness of Cambridge 1988
• Colonel Sir Henry Abel Smith 1993
• Lady May Abel Smith 1994
• Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester 2004
• Sir Angus Ogilvy 2005
The funerals of King George VI, Queen Mary, and Princess Margaret took place in the chapel and they were laid to rest inside St George’s Chapel.
The funeral of Princess Andrew of Greece took place in the chapel in 1969. She remained in the Royal Vault until 1988 when she was transferred to the convent on the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem to lie near her aunt, Grand Duchess Serge of Russia (St Elisabeth in the Russian church).