The Society of Friends of St George’s and Descendants of the Knights of the Garter was established as two separate societies, one of the Friends and one of the Descendants, in 1930 and 1928 respectively. The Society of Friends published its first Annual Report in 1931. In 1933 the two societies joined their efforts together in commitment to supporting St George’s Chapel and maintaining its historic buildings. The reports published yearly therefore provide almost a century of history of the events at St George’s Chapel. Many also contain scholarly articles about the earlier history of the Chapel.
Thanks to a generous grant by the Society of Friends of St George’s and Descendants of the Knights of the Garter, these reports were digitised in 2017 and are now available as a resource to be downloaded and read here. Please note that each report covers an academic year (September-August) so the calendar year given in the list below is the year in which the report was published.
To find out more about their work or to join the Friends and Descendants in supporting St George’s Chapel, please see their web pages.