Tag: Albert Memorial Chapel

The Garter Porch

From 1814 to 1815 work began to adapt the small chapel to the east of St George’s, then known as the Wolsey Chapel, to serve as a Chapter House for meetings of the Knights of the Garter. Progress on the ...

Read more

The end of an era

February 4th 1901 The Body of Her most Excellent Majesty, Victoria by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Ireland Queen, Defender of the Faith & Empress of India, was conveyed from Osborne to Portsmouth ...

Read more

The Queen's Free Chapel. The Chapel of the Most Honourable and Noble Order of the Garter. The Chapel of the College of St George.