The popular practice of appointing a boys' bishop dates to the thirteenth century. St George's medieval choristers took part and they had special vestments and a throne for the boy appointed.
Lord James Beauclerk, a grandson of King Charles II and Nell Gwynn, was appointed Canon of Windsor in 1738. Surviving records in the Archives give some insight into his standard of living here and his roles in Chapter.
A small chapel, built during the 1490s, is annexed to the west end of the south quire aisle of St George’s Chapel. It is known as the Oliver King Chapel. But where is its founder, Bishop Oliver King? This simple ...