Tag: Edward IV

The Missing Bishop

A small chapel, built during the 1490s, is annexed to the west end of the south quire aisle of St George’s Chapel. It is known as the Oliver King Chapel. But where is its founder, Bishop Oliver King? This simple ...

Read more

The Princes in the Tower?

In 1789, work was carried out to the paving in St George’s Chapel. Workmen had noticed that it had sunk in the north quire aisle, and during repair work, they came upon the entrance to the burial vault of Edward ...

Read more

The Queen's Free Chapel. The Chapel of the Most Honourable and Noble Order of the Garter. The Chapel of the College of St George.